Monday, May 18, 2009

The marble cathedral

I forgot to write about the cathedral in Recoleta. It is difficult to remember everything when I have the time to write and to write when I am remembering what I want to get down. Thus, I won´t be detailed but simply mention that the cathedral is amazing, with statuary friezes down the walls and even large dolls in cases, which I think must be representations of young Jesus. It was one of the most sumptuous cathedrals I have seen and I feel sad that I didn´t write about it at the time to describe it better.

I have taken some photos - I´ve been trying not to take too many, just a shot of the most important things, but already I am on to my second disposable camera. I won´t be able to get them developed until I am in NY, so you will have to be patient, but they will come. We shall see if my writing manages to give the right impressions!

No comments:

Post a Comment