Thursday, May 14, 2009

I will skip more flight writing so you can get to the good stuff

Monday, May 11, 9.55pm ....dead-to-the-bone tired

I jot down notes only, as I am tired beyond words. The bus ride from Buenos Aires airport was amazing. BA is an enormous grubby city strewn with trash and full of ugly architecture. It has been a grey day and the city´s people dress without flair. I love it. There is a distinct absence of blondes and rake-thin girls. People here aren´t that thin. I love it. Already on the bus I was thinking of moving to a big city again. I love it, the grand scale of it, the evidence of people in their masses, in their everyday squalor that I find so....invigorating.

I spent the late afternoon talking to W and her sister in their funky office (turquoise blue walls, fairy lights, a leg in a neon green stocking stuck to the wall) on Ave. Ayacucho. W made a lovely dinner of rice and fried eggplant patties topped with a chunky tomato sauce. Very lovely.

To bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment