Monday, May 18, 2009

12.15pm, Wednesday May 13 ....untitled

I am in an awesome, awesome bookshop/cafe. It is a long, long shop, with the cafe at the entrance - hardwood floor, dark red square wooden tables, colourful paintings of musicians and dancers for sale. An enormous open wrought-iron sliding gate separates the cafe from the bookshop, which has a balcony along three sides of the shop, beginning halfway along. It looks so inviting, all that dark metal balcony and wall-lining shelves of books. There are skinny male booksellers all in black and a huge sociology section. Lots of politics, philosophy. I saw Badiou´s new book, the sequel to Being and Event, on a table! On display! If I read Spanish I would have stayed there for a long time.

Instead I sat down to eat a medialuna (small croissant), hoping to stave off my ravenous hunger until I get to the cafe recommended by W. I won´t linger here as much as I´d like to as I am on my way to San Telmo and need to be back to W´s office by 3.45pm so we can make it to a planetarium show and then to the Latin American art gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment