Thursday, September 17, 2009

6.15pm,Friday June 19, bus ....everything a drama

We are stopped in the town of El Tigre. There has been much 'Globovision enferma' graffitti. The town threw up a nice brown hotel with black-rimmed windows, modern but gracefully curved, with a light bulb inside and outside but no other sing of habitation, such as furniture or curtains.

This town has a beautifully tended road median with car repair and other industrial style shops on my side of the bus. Though brightly-coloured the scenery is crass, with too much metal garage gate. Before reaching this town we passed miles and miles of plains, either densely or sparsely planted with trees and the occasional small and dilapidated house facing the road.

S was able to get my e-ticket for my new flight to NY but it was a drama. She called me, I didn't hear the first call, didn't get the second in time and had no credit to call her back, though I tried to obtain a refill card at a rest stop. The shop was closed. S was running out of credit on her phone. I texted her from MS's phone and S called back wanting a reservation number, but I didn't have the paper that I had written down all the details on with me. I could hear the frustration in S's voice. I said to just cancel the ticket change and I'd do it again later, but she said, 'I'm here now, I'll see what I can do.' S called back later to say she had the ticket. I had given her the appropriate numers but the clerk she dealt with couldn't find my details. The second person S dealt with had no problem bring my details up. I owe S.

No comments:

Post a Comment