Monday, September 28, 2009

5.45pm, Sunday June 26, bus ....over

I have just gotten settled on the bus to Caracas for my 12-hour ride. MS and I kissed goodbye many times. He still smiles at me. I talked of coming back, we talked of meeting in Italy, but I wonder what shall happen. Do we meet again or does our month stand alone as something out of a book someone else was writing? It is difficult to imagine emailing MS, but I look forward to reading his writing (he has a blog where he posts his creative writing).

Last night wasn't great. I was sad because MS wouldn't dance with me and I wasn't over it in the morning. I was sulky. I wanted so much not to be sulky but I couldn't talk myself out of it. I blame it on hormones. I did find my goodwill this afternoon after MS asked me what was wrong. Thankfully - MS and I could leave each other on a good note.

MS has just appeared on the bus for more kisses. He looks beautiful when he smiles and everything about him loosens up and his eyes crinkle.

The sunset through the darkened bus window is also beautiful. Grey cloud a few shades bluer than the sky, glowing white clouds, flat and spread, a holy white glow and beachy peach glow highlighting the darkness of the dark clouds. The sky has been such a welcome co-traveller with me.

They don't believe in reading lights on buses in Venezuela. It is already getting too dark to write and there is much to report. I shall have to wait till sunrise. Viewing the mountains, wandering amongst the rocks searching for passable rainforest, bush-whacking with a barefoot Indian, rice, plantains, avocado and red wine for dinner. Today's falafel...

[About an hour later...]

The light is on. The bus has stopped after only an hour of travelling. We are somewhere with bain marias, fridges and hawkers, a place I saw only fleetingly as the power went out just as I stepped off the bus. I feel like I am in a romantic comedy...


No comments:

Post a Comment