Friday, August 28, 2009

2.00pm, Saturday June 6, a panaderia in Pampatar

I have bought a cheese-stuffed pastry, two bread rolls and something that looks like a chocolate square of sour gummy candy. I can't wait to see what it is like.

Last night, after we arrived home from Coche and showered, MS and I emailed a bit at the internet cafe then went to a Mexican restaraunt in Las Robles that he had been keen to try. For starters we had corn kernels in a light sauce with what I think was Parmesan and another cheese grated on top. Simple and delicious. MS ate chimichangas and I had cheese quesadillas. If one eats vegetarian here one doesn't get more vegetables but lots of cheese. MS's meat was served with a side of tomato, onion and coriander salsa and hot green salsa. All very nice.

After Coche and Mexican food I'm now used to eating again.

MS thinks that Chavez does good things but doesn't let anyone speak out against him or the government. He doesn't spend enough money on the poor to make the changes he promises real and gives to the rich to keep them in line. He needs the poor to stay in power.

The brown sugar-crystal-covered sweet is not to my taste. I don't know what it is but it is certainly not chocolate, maybe some kind of fruit. I'll bring it home and ask MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment