Tuesday, June 2, 2009

5.45pm, Saturday May 16, Pirwa Hostel, Lima ....hot and lost

I have just come back from a walk around the Miraflores district of Lima with a beautiful Israeli gril named Marya. With tight black curls, curvy hips and pink Peruvian harem pants, men in passing cars kept whistling at her.

8.11pm, hostel rooftop bar ....feeling good

I am eating a dinner of avocado, tomato, sunflower seeds and cajun seasoning. It is delicious. I will partake of Lima´s restaurant offerings tomorrow.

I don´t like who I am right now as a traveller. I still have these horrid zits on my chin and they make me feel unattractive, hence insecure and hence I manage to bring them up in conversation.

I ate meat today, well fish, I think, for the first time in a long time. I didn´t set out to of course, but I was in a local supermarket - wooden and glass box shelving gave the shop an entirely different, old-fashioned feel. I couldn´t find a loaf of bread and greatly desired lunch so I bought a double sandwich, called a triple: an extra large saran-wrapped, decrusted wedge with three slices of bread, one layer spread with jam, another with egg and the other with...some sort of dessicated fish with mayonaisse I think. I was hungry, I am in Lima.

No comments:

Post a Comment