Thursday, November 19, 2009

12.10pm, Friday July 16, ACKC Cocoa Bar ....gay men in tulip fields

Artfully Chocolate Kingsbury Confections is a large cafe cluttered with three-tier stands of chocolate and brightly-patterned artist-glazed round tables in addition to truffle and cafe bars. On one wall are mosaics for sale, depicting gay male romantic scenes – beach, shower, tulip field with rainbow.

I am eating a warm dark-chocolate gooey cake with dark chocolate sauce in the middle. Sending that email to MS must have been a good idea despite my doubts about its tenor. I feel much better this morning – like my old cheery self. A nice way to go to Pennsylvania and reunite myself with my extended family.

Last night J cooked us a dinner of avocado soup and a spiced carrot and coriander salad (it was supposed to be with parsely but I love coriander). It was very nice. After dinner we walked to the ACKC but it was closing, so we went to a local bar instead for a quick beer.

I am sorry I am not staying longer with J as it is lovely to be with her, despite her doubts about my armpit hair and hippy clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment