Tuesday, October 13, 2009

night, Wednesday July 1, Queens ....pizza

Dad arrived in the city this evening. We ate delicious Korean food. New York is still so cheap. Mom and I saw organic peaches for $2.45 per kilo. A bottle Dr Pepper was only $1.25, a hot pretzel $2.00, and a slice of cheese pizza is $2.50.

At the Korean restaurant Dad and I were brought cold omelette slices with a selection of pickle. We ordered grilled dumplings - delicious - and I had a cold noodle dish, refreshing, with a peanuty or sesame flavour towards the bottom. Dad ordered meat. So much food for $20.00!! The waitress, however, spilled kimchi all over my brand new skirt and I doubt it will come out. Poor girl, she was so apologetic.

SW, Australian, arrived in NYC and had his first slice of NY pizza downtown near the World Trade Centre site. He really like it. He said he didn't much like Australian pizza but this he liked and agreed it is very different. I, of course, also thoroughly enjoyed my pizza slice, something I dream about, along with hot pretzels and Mexican food, in Australia on an occasionally regular basis.

L (high-school best friend), J (her husband), A (her cousin, also with us at White Plains High), SW, and I wandered around South Street Seaport, stopping for micro-brew beer at the Heartland Brewery. L is very pregnant. She and J are in the process of buying a house and their baby boy is due on the 12th of August.

Last night I had an email from MS finally. It was only short, a couple of lines, but I felt such relief hearing from him. He wrote that he was bored without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment